Want can we do when travelling to San Sebastian with children?
Here we suggest a possible agenda for travelling to San Sebastian with some recommendations. Enjoy it!
- Journey: 3-4 days
- Accommodation: One option is to sleep in Oiartzum (about 15minuts drive from San Sebastian, in the direction Irun – Hotel Oiartzum-Herri)
- AGENDA, or a possible planning
- Day 1 – arrive and walk around San Sebastian – Kursaal and begin by strolling down the road to reach the seaport. A nice walk where kids can throw stones to the sea, get off from big stones, balance … and to finish you can into the park next to City Hall. For dinner we propose to have “pinchos” downtown, at the old part of the city. A traditional spanish dinner.
- 2nd day – visiting St. Jean de Luz – A town on the French border which has an historic pedestrian street full of tiny houses. On Friday’s there is the market which is worth seeing. You can taste the “macaroni” and do not hesitate to enter the cathedral where Louis XIV got married, one beautiful church. You can have lunch on the beach and take a good crepe.
- In the afternoon visit Biarritz and dinner at the pizzeria (there is a good one in front of the stairs that go down to the casino).
- 3rd day – walk around San Sebastian – Visit the Cathedral and the streets around it. Visit the aquarium in the harbour if it is very rainy. Otherwise spent the morning on the beach of La Concha. For lunch you can eat snacks at the Royal Plaza. In the afternoon you can stroll the sculpture of Chillida “Peine de los Vientos”.
- 4th day – walk up to the “Sacre Coeur”, a nice small mountain with an easy path up and fantastic views of San Sebastian from the top.
San Sebastian is a city that is easy to visit with children. If you plan to do it summer temperatures are more pleasant. However, the rain tends to be a good companion in the Basque Country anytime, so incorporate to your luggage:
- Sun hat
Enjoy your visit to San Sebastian with children!