Today in Petit Explorador we bring you a compilation of activities and places to go with children in La Cerdanya in winter. The region of Cerdanya is located in the Catalan Pyrenees, at the head of the Segre River. It is a mountainous region so you will find a lot of activities, excursions, cultural visits and much more!
Where to go with children in la Cerdanya?
1. Activities in La Molina with children
In La Molina you can enjoy with the whole family different activities for the more adventurous and for those who are not so much. In La molina you will find:
- Adventures in the forest for children: Be like Mowgli and play and climb the trees with zip lines, Tibetan bridges, and more than 50 different games! From 4 years old.
- Tubbing: you will go with snowshoes to the refuge Niu d’Àliga, or without rackets to the viewpoint where you will see the whole Cerdanya. To go down we suggest you to do Tubbing, which consists of going down in a slide on a sliding tire! It is suitable from 5 years old on.
- Sleigh: With the youngest of the family you can go sledding in a specific area located in Coll Sisè. You can bring your sled or rent one.
2. Family Spa in the Cerdanya
- At Cerdaña Ecoresort you will find activities to do for all tastes! If you want some relaxing days you can enjoy the family spa. Parents can relax and the children will have a wonderful time with the snow fountain, the path of sensations, the water jets, … For the more adventurous, the Cerdanya Ecoresort offers snowshoe excursions, ski passes, Sledges, MTB routes and trail running, speleology, climbing, …
- If you have babies this complex offers a lot of activities for the smallest of the family. You will also find all the necessary equipment to avoid having to leave home, if you notify when you make the reservation.
- Cot with bed linen included
- High chair
- Bottle warmer
- Baby carrier backpacks
3. Activities in Puigcerdá with children
- Ice rink: in the sports complex of Puigcerdá you will find an ice rink where you can skate with the whole family, but if this winter you can not go, do not worry because it is open all year round! You have to make a call to check the schedules.
- Balloon excursion: In Puigcerdá you can take a balloon and see the entire Cerdanya. Flying over this area is quite an experience because it is one of the widest valleys in Europe. A perfect activity for your children to enjoy nature!
- Puigcerdá Lake and Schierbeck Park: this artificial lake is usually frozen in winter and you will find a children’s fishing area where you will see swans, ducks, … the route is simple to do with children and you can also do it by bicycle! In the park of Schierbeck you will find a botanical garden that has a playground for children.
4. Visit the mountains as a family
- The most adventurous families can not miss the caves of Anes. It is a cave 335 meters long suitable for caving with children. The route is of little difficulty to reach the end of the main gallery.
- Park of the bunkers as a family: in Martinet and Montellà you can discover the history of the Pyrenees and visit the eight bunkers through an exterior route marked and guided during the irst section. If you want to make a complete visit you will have to go to the visitor center.
- Excursion with the yellow train: to enjoy the landscapes offered by the Cerdanya with the children you can go with the Yellow Train, a line that connects the North Catalonia with France. The route is 63 kilometers and apart from enjoying the views you can also see the great engineering work that was done at the beginning of the 20th century.
Lots of places to go with children in la Cerdanya