Spring is coming close to us and with it the nice and warm weather in Spain. In Petit Explorador we would like to share with you 5 Activities to work on Spring Time at school with your pupils.
5 Activities to work on Spring Time at school with your pupils:
1. Decorate the class
With the arrival of Spring, we can make sure that our classes are full up with murals, decorations and spaces to nicely welcome spring time, colours, light and weather! Here in Petit Explorador we would like to propose some great idees to decorate with kids the classes and give them a nice and colourful fresh air. Have a look at those idees:
Murals: Colourful zones or areas: Decorating doors: Exterior decoration:
2. Learning poems, phrases and songs on Spring can also be a nice idea.
To learn poems and phrases on Spring is a great opportunity to approach kids to readings, books, and as well remember our tradition and culture.
3. Have a look at nature. Observe and explore
We can complete the education on Spring time from that one on books and information technology by going outside. We can take advantage of our playground areas to have a look at nature and experience it in a direct way. Besides, in Petit Explorador we can provide you with some workshops to help and complement your work:
- Horticulture ecological workshop. Through this workshop we will hand out different skills to design a nice garden. Through this workshop we will provide children with tools to design a nice orchard-garden, functional and esthetic as well as productive. All in a playful and practical way, using techniques and organic farming.
- Workshop of composting. The garbage generated daily holds up to 40% of organic matter, which can be recycled and returned to the ground in form of humus to be used in plants and crops. Through this workshop we will learn how to compost and how we can use our leftovers from the house to improve our orchard garden, increasing the use of organic waste as a fertilizer.
- Workshop of Bees. Through this activity children will learn different bees that live in a hive or moth and the functions each one carries on. We will also discover these insects and the products we can make up with them like honey, propolis, pollen and wax and benefits they have for our health.
- Spring excursion to Montseny: Going out into an excursion to Montseny forest to observe the items found in the woods. We would be able to make questions, observe and discuss in order to get an overview of the main elements that make up our forest in spring.
- Outing in Viladrau: A nice walk to discover some of the sources that we can see around Viladrau. Along the way we will taste water from Viladrau foutains, learn about some legends generated by sources and water, read poems by different authors that will bring us closer to a poetic vision of the environment and the perception of different poetic styles.
- The Park of Smells: We propose an experience learning activity through the senses, carrying on manipulative workshops with aromatic plants, medicinal and culinary (PAM), as well as promoting the contact with nature and direct knowledge of the agroecology.
- Are you up to making some activity outside class this spring? Write us an email to email@example.com
- And you can also look up more activities in here!
4. Art crafts for Spring Time
A great idea is to take advantage of this season thanks to its colours and use them in order to do some finger manipulation and coordination. Here you can see some nice and original ideas to wokr out in class with your pupils: More ideas here!
5. Work traditions and parties
We would also propose you a workshop in order to work with traditions and feasts days so popular in Spain as:
- Saint’s Georges day. Take advantage of this party and read books to and with your pupils, write down stories, make them up, prepare a contest!
- Eastern week: We can work with our pupils in class a nice and easy cake to celebrate eastern, maybe draw an eastern rabbit and remembre traditions.
You have more idees to work on Spring with kids and pupils at your class? Be free to help us increase this list with new idees as comments on Activities to work on Spring Time at school!